In this section, you will find:
I pay dues, am I a member?
While you are already paying dues (representation fee), you are not a member of BEA, WEA and NEA until you complete the membership form and return it. Your dues of just $2 more per month will be automatically deducted from your paycheck.
What is the benefit of being a member?
Here are some of the benefits:
- Your membership entitles you to a voice and vote in all Association activities and business, which also includes contract negotiations and ratification.
- Up to $1 million in employment liability insurance is available for members only.
- Full-time lobbyists help ensure your views are heard at the state and national level and that you are informedabout what is taking place during the legislative session.
- The Association works to enhance your professional development through workshops, conferences, and forums on important topics.
- You are entitled to legal assistance which includes two free 30-minute sessions and a 30% discount on subsequent sessions with participating attorneys for personal matters which include: real estate, wills and estate, domestic relations, consumer protection, and traffice violations.
- Credit Card Program, Lind of Credit, and Credit Plan.
- Investment Services: NEA offers Money Market Accounts, Gold Certificate CD Programs, and tax deferred annuities.
- Your membership will entitle you to discounts for major entertainment centers, travel, car rentals, dining out, emergency roadside assistance, Costco wholesale membership, magazine service, cellular phone service, and airport parking.
For more information on any of the benefits listed above, go to www.washingtonea.org. Click on Members/Services and then Member Benefits.
If I'm having a problem at my job, what do I do?
If you are comfortable approaching your BEA Building Representative, talk to him/her first.They may be able to help you resolve the problem. If the nature of the problem is beyond the skills of the Building Rep, please contact the BEA office as soon as possible.